Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Am Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving



I love Thanksgiving, I mean who doesn't, but I have been dreading it this year because I knew I was going to miss out! While I would love, more than anything else, to be home in North Carolina, eating my ritual 2 meals, and being with family; spending my first Thanksgiving away from home has made me ESPECIALLY thankful. As it turns out, the day hasn't been as depressing as I thought it would be! I napped, read, and spent the evening chatting and eating chestnuts with Encarna's family. All of the women (daughters, daughters-in-law) and grandchildren come over every Thursday and spend hours chatting and laughing; I guess they don't need a 'Día de Gracías' to get together!!!

To remind myself of all the I am thankful for I made a list, so here it goes...
I am thankful that:
1. I know God can deal with the things I cannot handle
2. That I have been blessed with a loving, wise, and generous family (you all mean the world to me!)
3. That I have always had much more than I need
4. For all the important people in my life who think I am special (all you lovely best friends+Walt that I can' live without)
5. For all that I have learned while living in Spain
6. For all the doors that are going to open up
7. For my normal everyday life that I took for granted and will soon get back!
8. For ruffles, netflix, and peanut butter
9. For skype!
10. Next year I won't have to miss Thanksgiving and I can tell you all in person how important you are!

I hope that everyone makes a list, it really helps to remind you!
At least I have continued one Thanksgiving tradition while here, my Thanksgiving day cold!!!
It followed me to Spain (despite the fact that I eat 3 oranges a day)

ps: I was lazy last week and didn't upload all of my Morocco ph
otos BUT, they are now in the last post so take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment