Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gibraltar, UK

I don't believe in celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving
BUT,
I am in Spain and we don't celebrate Thanksgiving
(guess who is drinking chai and listening to Christmas music and loving it???)

Last weekend, I visited Gibraltar, which belongs to England. It felt very strange to walk across a border and discover that everyone speaks English (especially since we were literally 5 minutes away from Spain). Gibraltar is small and relatively unexciting; except for the monkeys of course.



This is the rock


Hannah, Brittany, and I with Africa in the background



There were monkeys everywhere!!!


One climbed into the bus


A more successful monkey picture (this time it didn't jump on me)




We also tried to be English by drinking Strongbow
(this goes out to Rachel and Miles)


and yes...there were pictures with the telephone box!

All in all, I would say it was a great trip to the UK...
If you could call it the UK?

No comments:

Post a Comment