Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Barcelona, Spain

I have worked diligently today (that's a first), but slacked in other areas (like exercise)...Oh well! I'm rewarding myself with a break to post photos from Barcelona!



I really enjoyed this city, it felt like going to a whole new country (which I guess is why some Catalans want their own country...). To me, it felt like the San Francisco of Spain; cool, on the beach, and very trendy. I didn't have to deal with any of the complications of traveling like transportation, lodging, and a language barrier (and if you didn't know Spanish is not the language spoken in Barcelona, it is Catalan and it is quite different) because Hannah's friend Carlos was the most fabulous host!


This building is Casa Batlló


and this one is known as La Pedrera

As you can probably tell, our first day was a Gaudí day. Not on purpose, his designs are just great to see!!





Parqué Guell, my new favorite place on earth (I will post more pictures of this, promise)!


They were like gingerbread houses!

We got to the park when it was almost dark and there wasn't much time left for exploring (it was still magical)!

We also went to this incredible market called, Mercat de La Boqueria
It was seriously beautiful. Fresh fruits, juices, gelatos, vegetables, meats, and candies.
Did I mention it was all BEAUTIFUL!?!
In retrospect, we should have eaten dinner here BUT we did pick up a fruit medley and some coconut, delic!


Fulfilling my need for sour candies, fresh fruits, and beautiful things!



Barcelona post II to come. There is just to much to show!
(I have to sort through the Sagrada Familia pictures to find some good ones)

At least we were able to see all the sites from Vicki, Christina, Barcelona
(
Don't worry, we watched the movie while we were there)


1 comment:

  1. I'm obsessed with the ginger bread house!!! That a cool place!!!
    Love you girl--
    Anna

    ReplyDelete