Monday, November 15, 2010

Barcelona II

Monday, again.
I'm pumping myself up to get through the last 3 weeks of real school
(this doesn't include finals...)
My motivation is waning and I'm turning to exercise and inspirational readings to keep my spirits high, ha ha ha (or ja ja ja, since I'm in Spain)


Here is some inspiration
Montserrat
definition: serrated mountain or a girls name


I can't tell you how happy seeing these mountains made me!
(I so miss this while living in flat Sevilla)



Since we were outside of Barcelona, stopping at Montserrat was on our way! We took the Cremallera (zipper train) to the top of the mountain and explored the area on top of the mountain. I am so impressed by the beautiful monastery that was built so high up. There were cute little gates, ponds, and doorways tucked away along the little trails that wound around the mountain.




Carlos, Brittany, and I

Lastly, here is La Sagrada Familia



It is a truly incredible cathedral and definitely worth visiting
Pictures just don't do it justice (especially mine, that's why there is only 1)
Unfortunately, the Pope was visiting Barcelona and ruined my visit
AND
I saw the cathedral in the dark
BUT
I am so, so glad that I could see it in person; the details are INCREDIBLE

Also, I added some new photos throughout, check them out

No comments:

Post a Comment