Saturday, October 23, 2010

I Am the Luckiest.

I have been feeling, ever so slightly, under the weather this week. Because of this, I came home early last night and dedicated myself to a thorough night's sleep (which I did accomplish and it feels great).

I awoke rested, to Encarna (my host mom), yelling my name as if there were a fire. Ok, so maybe that is an exaggeration, but in my sleepy state, her yelling in Spanish was mind boggling. She opened my door, said something, and left. After taking the next couple of minutes to review the situation, I realized that she had told me that a man was coming to bring me a package.


Complete with Fall decorations, pumpkin cakes, Holga film, and sour candy!!!!

The next moment, I was staggering out of bed and Encarna was thrusting a package into my arms. It was like reverse Christmas
(you WILL take this package!!!). And I am sooo very glad that I did wake up to get it!



It was like a little piece of heaven and I may or may not have gotten a little bit emotional over it. Let's just say that fall has descended in my room (I can smell it, see it, and taste it). My Grandmother's creativity is too much, she evened managed to satisfy my desire for pumpkin pie!


This is what I get EVERY morning for breakfast, made amazing today by PEANUT BUTTER!

As I was going through the box, I realized how incredibly lucky I am. I have such great family and friends who have taken the time and money to put together these incredible care packages just so that I feel less homesick. I can't explain how much this means to me and how much I appreciate each and everyone of you! Thank you for making me feel so loved and so very blessed
(I hope that I can return that same love as well!)

So thank you a million times Mom, Gary, Dad, Grandma,
Grandad, Zack, Rachel, and Aimee

You are all too good to me and I am so thankful for you all.
(now excuse me while I go give myself a sweetart stomach ache)

ps: Encarna just spoke to me in English (first time ever). She said, "thas ok"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment