Thursday, October 6, 2011

Friday Hike

Last Friday, I went on a hike with Miles to Yellow Mountain in Avery County.  I had no idea what I was in for, but Miles assured me that there was an incredible view at the end.  He certainly was right; the best part is that the hike follows the Tennessee/North Carolina border and from the top Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virgina are all visible.  I was kind of bummed that the leaves were not in peak season but I guess that just means I have more time to get out and enjoy them!  The hike went by so quickly and the day was absolutely perfect.  What began looking dreary turned into warm, sunshiney perfection!  I think the weather held out just for us since the clouds started rolling in during our descent!
Yellow Mountain, NC

Yellow Mountain, NC

I love the shadow on the far side of the mountain!

Blackberry Muffins

The night before, I made blackberry muffins using an incredibly simple recipe that turned out oh so well (I'll try to post the recipe soon, thanks Mom)!!!

Little Red Barn

Apparently this is a heavily photographed spot in WNC, too bad my photo is a bit lack luster!

 Miles

Miles climbed on top of a huge boulder.  I attempted to climb it but scraped my wrists instead, typical!

Open Space

Miles II


I can't wait to continue enjoying Fall!  I'm currently in search of everything pumpkin flavored and have tentatively agreed to run the Flight of the Vampire in Brevard.  Speaking of Brevard, I can't wait to head home this weekend to help out with the Zombie Alleycat race happening on Friday (you may remember the photos I posted about the last Alleycat, here).

Have a wonderful weekend, I know that I will!


No comments:

Post a Comment