Sunday, October 30, 2011

Atlanta

I have been so distracted lately.  Maybe it's the sudden wintry weather that has arrived in Boone or maybe just that mid semester lull.  Either way I can't seem to do anything: homework, staying in contact with friends, or updating my blog...

For Fall break my dearest friend Zack and I took a trip to Atlanta to visit another dear friend, Aimee.  It was awesome to get out of Boone and go somewhere other than Brevard; a well needed change of scenery.    I do love living in Boone again but all in all I think that I am ready to strike out in a new place, that's a bit bigger, where there are new things to discover!

Anyway, it was great to see Aimee and to enjoy the perfect, warm weather in Atlanta.
We enjoyed lunch at Majestic Diner on Ponce (that's Ponce De Leon for all of us uncool tourists).  It was a cute, super trendy spot with diner standards that one would expect.

DSC_0007

DSC_0014

DSC_0011
Zack and I looking rough as usual...

DSC_0016
I ordered the vegetable plate (I know the name is questionable).  The collard greens were AMAZING!

We also headed down to Krog Tunnel, a regular spot for graffiti artists to display their skillz.
There were some interesting pieces and a lot of scary loud motorcycles.

DSC_0023

DSC_0029

DSC_0042

And...as we had not eaten for five minutes, it was essential to stop to get Frozen Yogurt.
Note: Aimee and Zack talked up Yoforia and how incredible it was etc, etc. However, we didn't eat there we pulled up to the first FroYo spot in sight, Yogley Mogley...apparently it is all the same!  What?!

DSC_0052

DSC_0054

Most of the weekend centered around eating, which is fine by me!  I definitely recommend checking out El Taco, I don't think that I ate a single thing there that I didn't love!  We also went to MJQ Concourse, which is essentially an underground car park converted into a bar and dub step club.  A very interesting scene with pretty solid house music!  All in all, a great time for such a short two day trip.  I can't wait for the next time I'm willing to tough out the AWFUL drive from Boone!


Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!
(I hope it is warmer where you are than in my house!)

No comments:

Post a Comment