Monday, October 3, 2011

Coconut Bread

A while back I stumbled upon a recipe for coconut bread and seeing as my appetite for coconut has been insatiable for the past couple of months I couldn't resist making it IMMEDIATELY.  I did a little bit of research and discovered that the recipe belongs to Bill Granger, a rather famous Australian chef.  His notably wonderful breakfast and brunch dishes retain the elements of traditional comfort foods but always with a twist.  He also has some great cookbooks; I would love to get my hand on this one.

DSC_0201

Here's the recipe, I recommend giving it a try!

Bill's Coconut Bread (from Baking Sheet)
2 eggs
1 1/4 c milk
1 t vanilla ( I actually used coconut extract instead of vanilla and LOVED it)
2 1/2 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 c and a bit caster sugar
2 c shredded coconut
1/3 c butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla in one bowl.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon. Stir in sugar and coconut. Make a well in the center and pour in egg mixture. Stir until just combined. Add butter and stir until just smooth, being careful not to overmix.
3. Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan and bake for 1 hour, or until tester comes out clean. Cool in tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.
The recipe is really simple, quick, and easy to follow!  All attributes that I adore when it comes to cooking.  It's always disappointing to take on a difficult baking recipe only to have it turn out so-so.  I assure you this won't happen, just don't overcook it!!!

1 comment:

  1. going to make some this evening. you've inspired me, plus i'm wicked hungry and have some rocky road ice cream that needs company.

    ReplyDelete