Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Churro Friday

I have a dedicated group of friends that wake up every Friday morning to go eat churros
Churros [choo-r-ohz]: a long, slender, deep-fried pastry resembling a cruller
aka the Spanish doughnut


photo credit: Courtney Hurt

I however, up until Friday, have turned down the offer to wake up early, commute across the city, and indulge in this sinful snack. It's simple, I love sleeping and hate running.

Despite my previous negativity on the subject, I am so very glad that I hauled myself out into the cold morning for these babies. Talk about delicious, hot, crunchy, fried goodness (and yes those are cups of thick, rich dipping chocolate). The churros were only made better with the best cup of café con leche that I have had in Spain, oh yeah and my friends too...

As a side note, churros are typically reserved for 6-8 am. This is the time that people usually begin heading home after a night out in Sevilla and stopping at a churro stand is only natural. Perhaps comparable to a cook-out run? They are also really important during the celebration of Faria (but that's another story).

In other words, be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment