Sunday, September 4, 2011

What Isn't New?

Hi! Remember me?
I'm back and wow, has a lot happened!
Summer is over, all of my friends have dispersed (as is the case when August rolls around), and I am all moved into my new apartment in Boone! 
Bye, bye Brevard, I did enjoy our last 7 months together.  Thanks for getting me back on my feet and reuniting me with some of the best friends a girl can have!

Looking Glass Rock, BNC 
Looking Glass Rock, Brevard, NC 

There are far too many updates to cover but, in my absence life has definitely changed.
-I finished finance (the bane of my existence this summer)
-Worked a million hours a week
-Stayed up way past my bed time, way too much
-Reconnected with my lovely hometown and made many new friends
-Found an ideal apartment within walking distance to EVERYTHING
-Was chosen for an assistanship
-Started the MBA program (and maybe even fell in love with it)

I am still getting settled into this new life as a grad student.  Half of the time I can't believe that I actually decided to go through with this and the other half of the time I am kind of lonely after being surrounded by so many people I love all summer.  But, so far, so good.  I am having a huge problem with time management and establishing a schedule so that I can fit in exercise, work, homework, and some semblance of a social life (thus far, I have failed at channeling my highly motivated friend Julia).  If you have any advice about waking up in the morning and setting a routine I would love to hear about it!!!





1 comment: