Sunday, June 26, 2011

I love the south


How much of a Southerner I am has recently come to my attention.
(Not gonna lie, I don't hate it!) This realization did come as a bit of a surprise because I never realized how many of my mentalities and mannerisms are distinctly southern.

But...

I mean what's to dislike about BBQ, grits, sweet temperaments, sweet tea, beautiful mountains, cheerwine, and generally North Carolina itself?


C/O In North Carolina
Only 2nd to my love of Cherry Lemon Sundrop!

I love the...

Fresh

Fresh produce and perfect peaches


Hot Hike!

Summer hikes and the always accessible outdoors



Growing up in the Land of Waterfalls, BNC
(Me as a kid at Looking Glass Falls)

DSC_0800

BBQ- Especially when it is from 12 Bones in Asheville, NC
(the collard greens are the heat!)

And...the Avett Brothers!



I am currently listening to this beautiful song on repeat!

It feels great to be so passionate about my home and while I am not ready to settle down in WNC just yet, I know that I can never stay away for too long. It's just where I belong.


No comments:

Post a Comment