Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Strawberry-Rhubarb

I have made this seasonal treat twice now and I have to say that it is the best and easiest thing I have ever made. It causes sighs of delight and disappears almost instantly (seriously, half was gone within a half hour)! I wish I could be provided with an endless supply of rhubarb, a seriously underrated vegetable, and that it's growing season wasn't sooo short!
However, thanks to this pie, a rhubarb bed is in the works!!!
Can't wait for next summer's pie season.



Rhubarb
The color of rhubarb is incredible!

Pie

Unfortunately, I had to rush off to work before my pie finished and even more sadly, it had been ravaged before I was able to take some final product pictures (maybe that isn't so sad after all, maybe it just means my superior culinary skills have finally been realized by the masses, maybe I am just becoming disillusioned...?).

If you really want to impress people, make this pie!

I used this recipe
(PS: I overdid it a little on the cinnamon/vanilla and boy was it good!)

1 comment:

  1. My all time favorite pie! I think I'll make one this week too before it's out of season!

    ReplyDelete