Thursday, June 9, 2011

White Squirrel Festival

Being perpetually behind as I am, I will now regale you with my account of the White Squirrel Fest over Memorial Day weekend. If you know me or have any acquaintance with Brevard, NC at all, you are well aware that white squirrels are very serious business in this town. They aren't albino and while we aren't the ONLY town that has them, we're the best!!! The town loves to push the white squirrel bit on tourists and I'm pretty sure that the tourists love it; from white squirrel poop to white squirrel beer.

I am a little embarrassed to admit that I read an excerpt from a Transylvania County periodical that equated the white squirrel to other mythical creatures such as unicorns and the Loch Ness Monster...I hope that sheds some light. Anyway, don't judge us too harshly and please don't refuse to come visit me!!!!

DSC_0151

DSC_0126

DSC_0156

The town of Brevard was trying to set a Guiness World Record for the most dancing white squirrels in one place...I don't know if that was successful or not.

DSC_0132
My lovely friend Madeline hanging out in the Beer Garden. What's that you ask? Why yes, Brevard actually served beer....how progressive!

DSC_0130
This is Brittany being beautiful as always!

We went to Cielito Lindo, my favorite hometown Mexican restaurant, for dinner and Holly and I proceeded to order 'accidental' grandes.

DSC_0160

Finishing these beers was honestly a struggle.

And...on to my favorite part of the day, seeing Jill Andrews perform! I am newly obsessed sooo, if you haven't listened to her or The Everybodyfields PLEASE do!

DSC_0166

She is so talented and beautiful. I listen to this song at least once a day. I hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment