Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pilot Mountain

Most of my Christmas vacation has been spent lounging around the larger than life houses I have been housesitting and watching sickening amounts of 'Brothers and Sisters' on Netflix.  For me Netflix is an awesome blessing and a horrible curse when it comes to time management, I simply have no self control.  Amidst my battle with lethargy, my dear friend Zack called me up to invite me on a hike with some old high school friends and knowing independent level of motivation, I quickly agreed.  I am so glad that I did take on that late afternoon hike, despite the chilly weather and the snow still on the ground.  Despite living in Transylvania County most of my life, I had never climbed Pilot Mountain but I did know that it was a tough hike.  There were a couple of times that I regretted my decision to come however the view at the top and the energy I had afterword made it so worthwhile!

The dusky light at the top of the mountain was ideal for taking photos, it also made lugging my camera around worth it!

DSC_0072
You can subtly see the moon on the horizon

DSC_0078

DSC_0079

DSC_0060
John's Rock off in the distance

DSC_0073

DSC_0089
Zack and I, enduring the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment