Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Winter Is Here/Thanksgiving

The below post is proof that I did attempt to update my blog over a month ago. I didn't...but I tried


I feel like I have fallen off of the planet!
The last couple of weeks everything has been sooo busy and my desire to tackle any of my tasks is waning.
Basically, I am in desperate need of my month long Christmas break.  I don't think I have ever been this ready!

A lot of exciting things have been happening, an internship possibility, future job interview, part-time job interview and one family filled trip to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving!
I know this is a little late, but a few weeks ago I woke up to discover my pumpkin, Jack, had become quite the little sot!


DSC_0002

The neighbors clearly took advantage of my perfect little pumpkin!


In update, my pre Christmas/end of semester angst has subsided after several weeks of lounging at home, lots of friends and family, and the relief of passed exams!
I am overjoyed by the completion of my first semester and possibly rested enough to tackle another semester of B School.  I'm also just really looking forward to my upcoming China trip in March!!!!! YayYayYay a cure to the travel bug I caught a couple of months ago.


In the interest of avoiding wordy descriptions of the last two months events I will post some photos of the highlights, Thanksgiving first!


First Snow
The first snow of the year made my day! I can't wait until the South East finally gets some real winter weather!



For Thanksgiving my whole family made the trip up to Pennsylvania to visit my Great Grandmother.  It is always nice and incredibly nostalgic as 3 generations of us have been making this trip for most of our lives!


Family
There is also an incredibly beautiful B&B in Tyrone which belongs to the Riley's, it also happens to be the ONLY place to stay in the city!


Tyrone, PA


Tyrone, PA


Tyrone, PA




The architecture is my favorite part of this old town.  The houses are intricate and unique but usually in need of serious repair.



 As usual, I was lucky enough to have two Thanksgivings however to my relief they were on different days this year. In the past I have partaken in 3 in a day and I can't recall how I did it, as this year I had to sleep off the feast I consumed at event #1!


Thanksgiving Table


My Family

No comments:

Post a Comment