Friday, September 3, 2010

Antwerpen, Belgium

Somehow I made it here. The last time that I was in Antwerp I was thirteen however, things look just the same.
After a very sad departure, I ended up in the middle seat of an international flight between a charismatic American with a sugar mama and an adorable Belgian girl who is destined to be my best friend (nevermind that she speaks French). Considering the circumstances and the amenities lacking on the plane, I couldn't have asked for better! So far I've spent the day observing Dutch conversation and drinking entirely too much espresso. Did I mention that my uncle has recently moved into a renovated post office, located on the square where we spent dinner listening to an orchestra warming up below the balcony??? How perfect! Beautiful architecture, food, and music. Good night- it is only 4:30 for you but it is way past my bedtime!

All I am missing is amazing NC water!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment