Thursday, April 14, 2011

Richmond

I spent this past weekend in Richmond with the most excellent friends.
I don't even remember the last time I laughed that much! Now I'm feeling so sad that I don't see these people everyday like I did in Spain. Seriously, we had a routine...bus rides, coffee shop, homework, nightly skype dates!
...too much? Maybe, but sooo perfect!

I met up with my lovely friend Becky, in Boone, and from there we headed North to Richmond.
And what a drive it was!
I was once a champion road tripper, 10 hours was nothing to me! Let's just say I've gotten soft, this 5 hour drive took forever.



Bottom left to right: Gretchen, Jasmine, Brittany Top: Me, Hannah
Photo credit:Becky Forrest

It was certainly worth the trek though! We all reunited for a weekend of debauchery, otherwise known as Pig Roast (an annual event at the University of Richmond). It involves a lot of sundresses, bow ties, barbecue, and partying! Nice, huh?
(I just wish I had taken some picture of campus, it is terribly beautiful!)


Photo credit:Becky Forrest


Photo credit:Becky Forrest

Brittany, Gretchen and I before the FloRida concert. That's right FloRida...my first rap concert!


photo credit: Jigna Solanki


photo credit: Jigna Solanki

It was so great to reunite with old friends and to meet some new ones! I can't wait for the next Sevilla reunion!

I am however, glad to be home. 14 hours of driving in a weekend is exhausting especially when paired with sleep deprivation and severe allergies. No worries, I'm getting back into the routine. I am so excited to have completed 1 grad school application and to have sold my computer!

Yay, Yay, Yay
(Holga pictures to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment