Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Southeast Alaska

Juneau, Alaska


View from the tram that climbs to the top of Mount Roberts

Frasier, British Columbia

This is where I ended up after taking a train from Skagway that followed a gold mining trail.

Haines, Alaska

This is a view of the Chilkat river where I took an awesome float trip through the Chilkat bald eagle preserve. Definitely worthwhile!

Glacier Bay, Alaska

The place adored by John Muir (read up!)---I woke up at 6 am one morning to be standing in front of the Marjorie Glacier. I was also lucky enough to watch it calve off several times. Incredible!

Johns Hopkins Glacier

This was my favorite!!! What an absolutely gorgeous mountain scene made more incredible by a huge Z shaped glacier??? Nothing. The views in this cover were incredible, not to mention the seals and eagles.


Views from around Johns Hopkins Glacier

Juneau, Alaska

After Glacier Bay we went back to Juneau and took a helicopter to the top of the Mendenhall Glacier. I must say they are much more interesting from this angle.



No comments:

Post a Comment