Friday, August 20, 2010

Loose Ends

Ok, ok, ok...I am a slacker. I have been too busy ticking off the days until I am thrown into the most uncomfortable situation of my life. I have been trying to fain enthusiasm for everyone else that is excited for me but ultimately, in my mind, Spain is synonymous with anxiety and an uncontrollable fear of the unknown. Clearly, I am not cool enough to be one of those people that are truly adaptable and capable of throwing themselves headlong into a situation and landing on their feet. Don't get me wrong, moving to Spain is going to be an incredible experience however, the idea of adjusting to speaking Spanish, leaving with an old widow, and being judged by the quality of my shoes is daunting. I'm pale, blonde, and American...what a target!!! Give me a month in Seville and I am sure I'll be singing its praises but I've recently learned some things about myself...

1. As much as I love to travel, doing so is awkward, intimidating, and exhausting
2. I love a well structured routine--really, I thrive in it!
3. I am a homebody with the mindset of a world traveler (problem.)
4. I have at last concluded that I am lucky to be from the best place in the world and ultimately would not mind moving back to good 'ol Brevard.

Too many contradictions--at least I have no choice and am going to be forced the overcome these problems, at least for four months!

In the meantime I will get around to posting pictures from Alaska, as soon as my iphoto library can rebuild itself. Oh yeah, and being a better travel blogger!

No comments:

Post a Comment